Maxicare for FVA
Have you seen the viral video of Jay Shetty, an award-winning host, about how we should find our passion and pursue them? It went viral and one of the things he points out in his video is a famous line made by the Dalai Lama about humanity. The line says, “We sacrifice our health in order to get wealth, then we sacrifice our wealth in order to get back our health”.
With this in mind, one must be prepared in what is coming with the recent developments and lifestyle we are living. As freelancers, we don’t have a constant income and we risk our health in the workloads we are doing. So, we need to set aside something for our health and be prepared.
The sad thing about this is, not a lot of HMO companies are open for freelancers. Even if remote workers have the money, HMO companies won’t allow enrollment unless if it’s within a government-recognized company. Maybe because online jobs is a new things and nothing has been set so far. Or it’s just really a policy.
This is one of the reasons why FVA Consultancy took the necessary means to operate legally. So it can serve more… As a registered entity, our students, grads and employees can now own HMO for themselves and their dependents.
A health maintenance organization (HMO) is an organization that is best serving an individual or company with health care packages that will cover one’s need during a time of illness. This covers services of a physician, hospital care, and treatments.
For our FVA family, we have chosen the leading HMO company in the Philippines, Maxicare, to provide us with their comprehensive healthcare programs via its wide network of medical providers and strengthened customer support. They have more than 56,000 affiliated doctors and specialists, more than 1,000 hospitals and clinics and a growing number of primary and customer care centers in key cities nationwide. Maxicare now services over 1.1 million members across the country from the corporate segment, small and medium-sized enterprises to families and individuals.
Maxicare’s vision is to serve and provide value to its customers, they remain passionate and dedicated to its mission of helping people achieve peace of mind and giving the finest healthcare service.
Filipino Virtual Assistance have chosen the Standard 2018 Maxicare Plus Nationwide – Group ( 20 – 99 employees ) package with a quarterly premium mode of payment.
Summary Quarterly Premium:
- Check here for Maxicare’s affiliated hospitals.
This MaxicarePlus covers pre-existing dreaded and non – dreaded conditions up to assigned MBL per member per year. It also covers Annual In-Patient and Out-Patient Executive Checkups that are options available for this program. To add, there are other optional features that include: Cancer coverage, Dental coverage, Life with Accidental Death, Dismemberment and Disablement Package, and Wellness Programs amongst others. A member can opt to add this coverage as Riders but with additional premium fees aside from the quarterly premium.
The Summary of Benefits
A. Out – Patient Care
- Treatment of minor injuries such as lacerations, mild burns, sprains and the likes
- Minor surgery not requiring confinement
- Eyes, ears, nose, throat (EENT) treatment
- Eye laser therapy for retinal tear, retinal hole, retinal detachment and glaucoma
- X-ray, laboratory exams, routine and diagnostic procedures as prescribed by an accredited Physician
- Cauterization of warts
- Sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Allergy-testing, allergy screening and other related examinations
- Speech Therapy (For Stroke patients only)
- Tuberculin Test
B. In Patient – Care
- Room and board accommodation
- Use of operating room, intensive care unit (ICU), isolation room, recovery room
- Professional Fee/s of the attending Physician/s
- Prescribed drugs and medicines for use in the hospital
- Whole blood / human blood products and IV fluids transfusion
- X-ray, laboratory tests, diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures incidental to confinement
- Dressings, conventional casts and sutures
- Anesthesia, Oxygen and its administration
- Standard nursing services and admission kit
C. Emergency Care
C.1. Maxicare – Affiliated Hospitals
- Doctor’s services
- Emergency Room fees
- Medicine used for immediate relief and during treatment
- Oxygen, IV fluids, whole blood and human blood products
- Dressings, casts and suture
- X-ray, laboratory and diagnostic exams, and other medical services related to the emergency treatment of the patient
- Room upgrade in case of room unavailability
- Initial treatment of animal bites – covered for the first 24 hours from the time of bite
- Ambulatory Service from affiliated hospital or clinic to another affiliated one covered up to benefit limit
C.2. Non- Affiliated Hospitals
- Within the Philippines
- – Reimbursable up to 80% of total hospital bills and Professional fees, up to Php 30,000.00 per case during the first 24 hours
- Areas within the Philippines without Maxicare – affiliated hospital
- – Reimbursable up to 100% of total hospital bills and Professional fees
- Outside the Philippines
- – Reimbursable up to 100% of the total hospital bills and Professional fees
- Ambulatory service
- – From non-affiliated hospital or clinic to an affiliated one covered up to Php 2,500 per conduction
The 9 Major Hospitals are:
D. Preventive Care
Passive and active vaccines for treatment of tetanus and animal bites
- Periodic monitoring of health problems
- Health education and counseling on diet or exercise
- Health habits and family planning counseling
E. Other Benefits ( covered up to Benefit Limit Consultation
- Pre-existing dreaded and/or non-dreaded conditions
- (Principals only) Work-related cases
- Diagnostic procedures
- Provoked and unprovoked assault
- Optional Benefits
- Benefits for Cancer cases
- Dental coverage
- Life with accidental death and dismemberment
- Wellness programs
- Annual Check-up
- Executive Check-up
The General Terms and Conditions:
- Account size – Minimum of 10 principals – Maximum of 99 enrollees (combination of principals and dependents)
- Age Eligibility– Principals: 18 to 65 years old
- – Adult Independents: 18 to 65 years old
- – Minor Dependents: 15 days to 21 years old
- Submission of Application Form is not required
- Membership fees can be paid on an annual, semi-annual and quarterly basis
- All benefits are subject to Maxicare’s General Exclusions and Conditions for eligible accounts
A Customer Information Form, or CIF, is the most important requirement to enroll in Maxicare’s health package program. A member provides important, personal information that will allow Maxicare to assure accurate information and be able to provide better and more efficient services to you.
Maxicare assures and is committed to provide superior and quality healthcare maintenance services and ensure our customer satisfaction. We should all take care of our health but we should also be responsible for preparing ourselves and our families in times of illness. No one can ever be too sure.
Avail this Freelancer HMO Benefit Today!
How to get started?
1. You need to be an at least enrolled student.
2. Choose a plan that fits you (principals first, dependents will be accommodated later).
4. Fill up form.
5. Submit needed documents like SSS, PhilHealth membership forms and the like.
6. Get health card.
7. Start enjoying your benefits!
Note: Those in the FVA Services will have this as part of their benefits.
To register please send the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s take care of our health for the sake of the people we truly love…